[Zope] filename splitter

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Nov 18 12:53:18 EST 2005

Tino Wildenhain wrote at 2005-11-15 21:07 +0100:
>Am Dienstag, den 15.11.2005, 19:26 +0100 schrieb Dieter Maurer:
>> Peter Bengtsson wrote at 2005-11-15 11:47 +0000:
>> >Hi, I don't usually do this but I need your advise on something.
>> >It's a filename splitter for a KeywordIndex of File objects.
>> >http://www.peterbe.com/plog/filename-splitter
>> >By applying this splitter I hope to be able to search for files by
>> >parts of the filename.
>>
>> Are you aware, that the "PathIndex" can do this already --
>> especially the "Managable PathIndex" from my "ManagableIndex" product
>>
>>   <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>
>
>According to your documentation, it could be done with ManageableIndex,
>but PathIndex isnt yet there. Peter splits in the name, not
>just the path.

Are your sure?

  The "Managable PathIndex" splits a string string at '/'
  (alternatively it takes a sequence) and indexes the result
  in a way to support quite efficiently subpath searches.

  Thus, it is applicable, if "filename-splitting" means splitting
  at "/' (or you use some arbitrary splitting beforehand)
  *AND* (more importantly) if one is interested in subpath
  queries.

  If the second condition is not given, as KeywordIndex may do
  as well (again a "Managable KeywordIndex" would allow the splitting
  to be formulated as a normalizer).

--
Dieter