[Zope] DateTime mess

Jürgen Herrmann Juergen.Herrmann at XLhost.de
Mon Nov 21 04:33:12 EST 2005

hi all!

recently i came up here with the intention to fix DateTime#strftime().
while trying this, i had to dig deeper and deeper into the implementation
of DateTime and especially the timezone and daylight saving stuff.
to be honest, it's completely hacked together :(
DateTimeZone.py has one BIG dictionary in it, not a single line of
comments. values of this dict are nested lists, among other hackish
things (list like usage of a string, with \000 as separator).
the methods that use this dict also have no comments/docstrings at all.
obviously the guy(s) that originally wrote this, is/are hiding (i know
why :) so, there's nobody to ask either...

sorry guys, i won't be able to completely fix this for now. i found
a way to monkey patch zope to make it work for my case (2 timezones
only). my plan is to completely reimplement DateTime, based on
python's datetime in my own freetime (maybe around xmas this year)
and give it back to the community.

once again sry, if i raised expectations on the fix of strftime.

regards, juergen herrmann

>> XLhost.de - eXperts in Linux hosting <<

Jürgen Herrmann
Bruderwöhrdstraße 15b, DE-93051 Regensburg

Fon:  +49 (0)700 XLHOSTDE [0700 95467833]
Fax:  +49 (0)721 151 463027
WEB:  http://www.XLhost.de