[Zope] convert DTML Document to a folder.

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario at ita.chalmers.se
Tue Nov 22 02:49:52 EST 2005

Martin Koekenberg wrote:
> yes,
>
> That was my idea. Is there a solution for that convert.
>
> Martin Koekenberg

well, sort of, but there is no converting. Here's a suggestion, that may
work for you assuming that I understand the problem properly:

The DTML-document contains some sort of information that you need to
keep, but you also need to store stuff inside of it.

The most obvious solution is to create a folder with the same name as
the DTML-document, put the DTML-document inside the folder and rename
the doc to Index_html. moving all properties from the doc to the folder
and presto, there you have it. renaming the doc index_html gives you
url-compliance with previous urls, ie if you had /some/url/the_doc, you
can still keep /some/url/the_doc, because it will automagically render
/some/url/the_doc/index_html for you.

The API for creating and getting properties is availabel in the Zope
Help from the ZMI.

HTH and Good luck!

/dario

Lyrics applied to programming & application design:
"emancipate yourself from mental slavery" - redemption song, b. marley