[Zope] Re: DateTime mess

Jürgen Herrmann Juergen.Herrmann at XLhost.de
Tue Nov 22 06:18:18 EST 2005

[ Lennart Regebro wrote:]
> On 11/22/05, Jürgen Herrmann <Juergen.Herrmann at xlhost.de> wrote:
>> do we REALLY need dates <1900 / >2036 ?
>
> Yes.
>
>> using unix timestamps for
>> storage and as the base for all conversions would make things a lot
>> easier!
>
> datetimes are picklable, so if you are going to change how they are
> stored (which may not be a good idea for backwards compatible
> reasons), you should use that.

i'll surely change the storage format, when rewriting it! storing
year, month, day, hour, minute, second, a unix timestamp and tzinfo
is plain odd! so using a datetime instance for storage indeed seems
the most obvious thing if we need dates <1900 / >2036.

regards, juergen herrmann

>> XLhost.de - eXperts in Linux hosting <<

Jürgen Herrmann
Bruderwöhrdstraße 15b, DE-93051 Regensburg

Fon:  +49 (0)700 XLHOSTDE [0700 95467833]
Fax:  +49 (0)721 151 463027
WEB:  http://www.XLhost.de