[Zope] cookie crumbler and error messages

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Tue Nov 22 14:18:43 EST 2005

paul hendrick wrote at 2005-11-21 14:44 +0000:
>Hi, thanks for the reply.
>I did what you asked and the error log produced these messages:
>
>Unauthorized: <strong>You are not authorized to access this
>resource.</strong><p> Username and password are not correct.
>Unauthorized: You are not allowed to access 'sql_select' in this context
>
>the sql_select error is because my .metadata file is denying requests to it
>for users with a certain role.
>no idea where to go from here i'm afraid

There is another vital rule: whenever you see errors (more
precisely "exception"s), you should look (and report) the associated
traceback. It tells you where the exception occured.

What we know so far: the request tried to access "sql_select" and
did not have the required permission.
The traceback will tell you where this happens and this may help
us to understand why it happens.

--
Dieter