[Zope] Zope-2.8.1, LocalFS, and the importance of _p_jar

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Nov 23 14:04:42 EST 2005

John Ziniti wrote:
> The problem I have with my "solution" is that I have
> no clue what _p_jar is.

It's all to do with ZODB persistence. I'm not sure why the wrapper was
ever given a _p_jar, it's probably not a good idea, but then LocalFS is
very old but was very good at the time, so there's likely to be a good
reason for it to be there :-S

I dunno, try contact Jonathan Farr, the product's author and see if he
can remember. Other than that, maybe ask on zodb-dev at zope.org about any
problems you may experience from removing it :-S

My wories aren't so much about persistence, but whether these wrappers
will play nicely with the transation framework without a _p_jar. They
should, but I wouldn't want to bet on it...

good luck!

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk