[Zope] init.d script and out of place instances

Christophe Gravier christophe.gravier at univ-st-etienne.fr
Thu Nov 24 08:26:33 EST 2005

Hi Fernando,

In my debian distro, in order to have an init.d script, I added a new
file in /etc/init.d, let's name it zope.sh.

Whitin, code a daemon, like:
(beware i made it from my zope's insatnces over several machines and zeo
init script, so I haven't tested it (may contains typo).  Moreover this
may not be fully linux standard compliant (I don't know in fact)).

#!/bin/bash
case $1 in
"start")
/var/lib/Zope2.8/instances/bin/zopectl start
echo "Zope started"
;;
"stop")
/var/lib/Zope2.8/instances/bin/zopectl stop
echo "Zope stopped"
;;
"restart")
/var/lib/Zope2.8/instances/bin/zopectl restart
echo "Zope restarted"
;;
esac

This way you can use it with /etc/init.d/zope.sh {start,stop,restart}

But, on debian (and thus I think on ubuntu), you must add this script to
the default run level with the commands:
 > su
# cd /etc/init.d
# chmod +x zope.sh
# update-rc.d zope.sh defaults

Then, if you reboot your ubuntu distro, zope should automatically be
started.

HTH,

--
Christophe Gravier
Laboratoire DIOM, groupe SATIn - Doctorant