[Zope] DateTime mess

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Thu Nov 24 11:28:28 EST 2005

On 11/24/05, Peter Bengtsson <peter at fry-it.com> wrote:
> -1 on making DateTime deprecated. I'm sure thousands of zope people
> use DateTime in thousands of places. Technically it might be correct
> deprecate it but politically it's just going to put people off from
> upgrading.

It depends on what you mena with deprecated. It *is* deprecated from
the point of view, that if you start developing something new now,
then don't use it.

It is not deprecated in the way that "this will go away in the
future", though. It must stay for backwards compatibility reasons, but
if it can be fixed, than this would be a Good Thing.