[Zope] why will FastCGI not be supported in the Future.

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Nov 28 09:23:04 EST 2005

--On 28. November 2005 13:28:20 +0000 Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org>
wrote:

> On 28 Nov 2005, at 13:25, Gerhard Schmidt wrote:
>>> It's a matter of resources, plain and simple. No one has stepped
>>> forward to support it, so it atrophied. If you think it's a great
>>> thing to keep, volunteer.
>>
>> I would if I had the time and the knowlege. But I don't see a Problem
>> with the Code right now. As I said i runs here perfectly smooth.
>
> "It works" and "is supported" are two different things. "Is  supported"
> also means there are people who will come forward and help  out when the
> code breaks or when people ask questions about it. As  you have seen
> yourself, no one does. The answer is (and will remain,  unless someone
> volunteers): Use at your own peril.

I agree. There should be one supported way to achive a goal. In the past we
had at least three methods to run Zope (fortunately we kicked PCGI support
in the past). My suggestion is to deprecate FCGI officially in the docs and
through a deprecation warning and to kick it at some time (not necessarily
after two release cycles). So people can still use but they should know
that they are using a deprecated feature...objections?

-aj