[Zope] Re: Zope's Webdav port for RESTful web service

Brad Clements bkc at murkworks.com
Mon Nov 28 13:49:16 EST 2005

On 28 Nov 2005 at 8:26, Tres Seaver wrote:

> requests onto *any* publishable method, which means that you have to
> try hard to abide by the RESTriction.  Zope also supports using PUT
> for "resource creation", which the REST folks don't seem to get.

I'm not sure what part REST folks don't seem to get regarding PUT.

But in any case, I have not been able to get PUT to work in a
PythonScript in Zope 2.7.2 because PythonScript objects have a PUT
method that assumes it's a DAV upload.

PythonScript.py line 368 or so

    def PUT(self, REQUEST, RESPONSE):
        """ Handle HTTP PUT requests """
        self.dav__init(REQUEST, RESPONSE)
        self.dav__simpleifhandler(REQUEST, RESPONSE, refresh=1)
        self.write(REQUEST.get('BODY', ''))
        RESPONSE.setStatus(204)
        return RESPONSE

Plus that method is protected by "Change Python Scripts" permission as
well.

--
Brad Clements,                bkc at murkworks.com    (315)268-1000
http://www.murkworks.com