[Zope] Zope 2.8.4 strange behavior

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Nov 29 05:00:36 EST 2005

Chris McDonough wrote:

> The symptom you're describing has happened to me in the past.  Zope
> stops serving requests and my CPU is not pegged (it's not hitting the
> CPU hard via an infinept loop I've made).  I usually end up tracking  it
> down to the fact that my instance is somehow leaking database
> connections.

I thought Jim solved this for 2.8 by not having a hard limit on the
connection pool? (iirc, you now get errors in the log when you go over
the pool limit) This was 'cos you used to get the crappy situation
running unit tests when lots of test fail that things hang and you get
no feedback apart from 7 E's because the connection pool is exhausted.

That said, I don't know for sure that Jim _did_ end up implementing
this, I might just be imagine it.

Jim?

cheers,

Chris