[Zope] Displaying pdf

John Barham jbarham at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 20:41:11 EST 2005

On 12/1/05, Rick Smith <rick_t_smith at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
> Perhaps someone can point me in the right direction.
>
> I am trying to display a pdf file (actually stored in LocalFS) from a
> python script.  To do this my approach (probably there's a better way) is :-
>
> RESPONSE.setHeader('Content-Type','application/pdf')
> RESPONSE.redirect(path)

It's pointless to set the content type and then to redirect since the
content type the client will get will be the content type of the
*destination* url (i.e., whatever "path" is, presumably the url of the
PDF document).

Why not just link directly to the document in the LocalFS object?
IIRC, LocalFS allows you to map file extensions to content types.
Maybe your PDF documents have case-differing extensions (e.g., .pdf
vfs. .PDF)?

  John