[Zope] Presentations Available

David Cake dave at difference.com.au
Tue Oct 4 04:33:26 EDT 2005

At 8:11 PM -0700 3/10/05, Bill Campbell wrote:
>On Mon, Oct 03, 2005, David H wrote:
>>
>>    Thanks Bill,
>>    I saw that in a few google hits but ... I figured that if a fair
>>    population wants to view the presentations then the files should be in
>>    a universal format - like pdf or rtf.
>
>>    Its an interesting question:  how many people who just wish to peruse
>>    the files will feel compelled to google and download new apps just to
>>    be able to read them?
>
>Given that I don't run the Microsoft virus, Windows, on anything, have
>OpenOffice.org on all our Linux and OS X systems, and that OpenOffice.org
>software is freely available, I don't see that it's a problem.

	We don't all run presentation software, either. If you just
want to review a presentation rather than create/edit it, a format
like PDF can be a better choice, and that applies regardless of how
you feel about Microsoft.
	Effectively, what you are saying to many people is 'rather
than use a viewer app you already have, to view this you will need to
download a multi-megabyte office suit just to look at it'. If you
don't see that as a problem, well, its still a problem.
	Cheers
		David