[Zope] Testing products: Testing all in one batch

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Wed Oct 5 10:57:39 EDT 2005

Jens Vagelpohl said:

> On 5 Oct 2005, at 14:49, Lennart Regebro wrote:
>
>> On 10/5/05, Jens Vagelpohl <jens at dataflake.org> wrote:
>>
>>> from the instance home will test all products in that instance home.
>>>

>> Often doesn't work, the different products tests will walk all over
>> each other.
>> But setting up a script that walks all the Product directories and
>> runs the test for the separately shouldn't be a problem.
>
> This is correct, but you're just papering over a deeper problem,
> namely bad cleanup in some unit tests.

Indeed. Anybody have tips on troubleshooting this?
I'm currently finding it really annoying to even find which tests
are the culprit(s).

All I've been doing is:
- try every combination of products (ugh, combinatorial explosion)
- run tests with -vv so I know for sure which tests have already run
  when the problem occurs.

--
Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com