[Zope] Re: ZAjax anyone?

Maik Jablonski maik.jablonski at uni-bielefeld.de
Sat Oct 8 14:56:16 EDT 2005

Greg Fischer wrote:
> Oh, that's cool!  The naming "RPC" threw me off.  I knew that was there,
> but I guess my assumptions (I know , bad) were that it communicated over
> a different protocol, not using port 80.  But, I suppose, tcp over port
> 80, spewing out xml is good.  Probably just what I need.  I'll look into
> that and get a better understanding.  Thanks Chris.

Hi,

you can also study Epoz (=>EpozPostTidy-call), which calls a server-side
Tidy-function via vcXMLRPC from the JavaScript-Wyswyig-Editor-Area. Epoz
uses a fixed version of vcXMLRPC (it was damn hard to debug this issue,
believe me), the original vcXMLRPC has a bug regarding long requests
which shows only up in Moz/Firefox.

Cheers, Maik