[Zope] reading zope.config file for ClientStorage

Mika, David P (Research) mika at crd.ge.com
Mon Oct 10 11:44:34 EDT 2005

I've taken a look at stepper and dug into the zope source again.  It looks like both are relying on a startup script akin to zopectl to marshal everything correctly.  I would rather not be using a startup script (besides I couldn't sort it out); this is what I have so far:

        from Zope.Startup import options, handlers
        opts = options.ZopeOptions()
        opts.configfile='c:\Zope-Instance-Test\etc\zope-with-zeo.conf'
        opts.load_schema()
        opts.load_configfile()

unfortunately in the resulting options object, I'm not getting the stuff I need from the conf file, namely the ZODB storage stuff needed for ClientStorage.

The schema file that is being used by ZopeOptions is Zope/Startup/zopeschema.xml.  This only has a skeleton zodb_db section.  It looks like the meat & potatoes are in ZODB/component.xml, but I don't see how that is actually pulled in.

Any more ideas?
Dave