[Zope] Zope Debugger lets WingDbg fail to connect toclient

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Oct 11 03:44:55 EDT 2005

Hi Peter,

Frey, Peter wrote:

> sorry, here it is. It is the the WingDbg Product, but you probably will be unable to install/use it as it depends on the WingIDE (at least part of it) to be installed on the server, too. And as WingIDE is not open source, I am not allowed to hand it on.

Yeah, I don't need it to run, just wanted to take a look.
The patching is a bit worse than I expected, it doesn't look like WinDbg
makes any attempt to call back to the original version of the method
it's patching, which is a bit sad :-(

That said, I'd expect zdb not to work when WinDbg is installed, and not
the other way round...

I'm CC'ing in a support address I found for Wing-IDE in the hope that
one of those guys will contact me. I believe zdb replaces a lot of the
code they currently have in WingDbg, hopefully I can persuade them to
use zdb instead, then everyone can be happy ;-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk