[Zope] Error Type: ExpatError

Garito garito at sistes.net
Wed Oct 12 13:35:20 EDT 2005

Fred Drake escribió:

>On 10/12/05, Alan Milligan <alan at balclutha.org> wrote:
>

>>And you are allowed to be.   It is a bit strange in an XML-RPC dialog to
>>drop out to http occasionally ...
>>

>Actually, I'd expect large files over XML-RPC to be handled by sending
>a URL, and have the client GET the file separately.  But then, I have
>weird ideas sometimes.
>

>>This has absolutely nothing on them actually implementing a lot of their
>>XML-RPC using HTTP GET, when the protocol clearly states it must be an
>>HTTP POST ...
>>
>>(I imagine this is a performance enhancement in that you needn't
>>xml-parse the payload ...)
>>

>Unless you can make the server a simple front-end to a pile-o-files on
>disk, I don't see any benefit.  There's no issue for the client, only
>the server, since they want to limit the number of machines they stick
>behind the load-balancer.
>
>Ok, I think we've agreed this isn't an Expat issue, but a bug in
>RedHat code that's unrelated to using XML in Zope.  The Expat-based
>minidom-builder in recent versions of Python is pretty well tested in
>practice.
>

>  -Fred
>
>--
>Fred L. Drake, Jr.    <fdrake at gmail.com>
>"Society attacks early, when the individual is helpless." --B.F. Skinner

Hi all!
I use an XML file because I like to use freemind like editor
I think perhaps could be better if I could transform it to a good Zope
object instead of XML but I don't know how to make zope ftp server serve
this file like a method

I know how to read the file (PUT_factory method) but I want freemind to
read a created file

Some idea?

Thanks!

--