[Zope] Re: Zope 2.8.2 released

Paul Winkler pw_lists at slinkp.com
Fri Oct 14 10:19:18 EDT 2005

On 10/14/05, Andreas Jung <andreas at andreas-jung.com> wrote:
> > OK, done for 2.8 branch. But I'm leaving the trunk alone, as it looks
> > like lots of stuff from 2.8 is not yet in the trunk CHANGES.txt,
> > and I don't want to confuse things further - AFAICT the normal procedure
> > is to let the release manager handle the merging of bugfixes in
> > CHANGES.txt.
> >

> It  is basically up to the guy fixing stuff to update CHANGES.txt as well.
> I can not be after every single checkin messages.....

Of course.  But http://www.zope.org/DevHome/Subversion/ZopeDevelopmentProcess
says: "When you check in a bug fix, you almost always need to ,,, Note
the fix in the /doc/CHANGES.txt on the current release branch ... Note
that you don't need to note the fix in the CHANGES.txt on the trunk if
you don't want to. At the time a new feature release is made, we merge
the items in CHANGES.txt from the trunk and current release branch
..."

And in this case you are the guy who applied the patch to the trunk,
so I assumed you
were satisfied. If you want me to note it on the trunk, I will.  Is
that too much of a pain
for the release manager? Should ZopeDevelopmentProcess be changed?

--
http://www.slinkp.com