[Zope] Confusing DateTime().strftime behavior

Kirk Strauser kirk at daycos.com
Sat Oct 15 02:19:56 EDT 2005

I'm upgrading our server from a FoxPro backend to PostgreSQL, using the
Psycopg connector.  My problem is that the old database returned timestamps
as a "%m/%d/%Y"-formatted string, while Psycopg returns a DateTime object
(I'm using the internal module, not mxDateTime).  Whenever I use strftime
to format the object for display, I get the previous day's date instead.

I've found several references to this problem in Google, but no one seems to
have found a good solution.  Any thoughts?
--
Kirk Strauser
The Day Companies