[Zope] Deleting objects from an external method

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sun Oct 16 12:53:15 EDT 2005

Nikko Wolf wrote at 2005-10-14 15:37 -0600:
>I'm trying to allow users to delete objects that have been accidentally
>created.  I have criteria for what that means, but since I *DO NOT* want
>them to delete object except by this method, I want to avoid granting
>"Delete objects" to them (non-Managers).
>
>Can this even be done?  At the base level, "Delete objects" is a
>hard-coded requirement of the ObjectManager.manage_delObjects() function.

Usually, an "External Method" is not restricted by Zope's
security.

Unless "manage_delObjects" does not perform an additional
internal check (I think, it does not), your "External Method"
can use it to delete objects.

BTW: Often, it is more faster simply to try something than
to post a question to the mailing list and wait for the answer.
Your question above is such a case ...

--
Dieter