[Zope] Deleting objects from an external method

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 03:42:05 EDT 2005

Nikko Wolf wrote:

> I'm trying to allow users to delete objects that have been accidentally
> created.  I have criteria for what that means, but since I *DO NOT* want
> them to delete object except by this method, I want to avoid granting
> "Delete objects" to them (non-Managers).

Have the "delete process" done in a python script or external method.
Only give "view" permission to that method to people who you want to be
able to delete objects.

If it's a python script, give it a Proxy role that has the "Delete
objects" permission mapped, and you'll be fine :-)

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk