[Zope] selected in select lists

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 03:45:08 EDT 2005

Garry Saddington wrote:
> The comparison is dynamic.

Ah, so thisgroupabrev comes from the request? See? I could never have
known that from JUST reading the DTML.

In ZPT, it would have been request/thisgroupabrev and all would have
been clear.

> The user selects an option, that option is
> passed to a formhandler and hence back to the referring method.  How
> could I not do the comparison in this method?

In your ZSQL method, you have access to the REQUEST, so you can build
your SQL using a <dtml-if>, and you love dtml right? ;-)

> imho such a problem as selected in selects should have a well documented
> solution as many developers will need it and why should each one have to
> find the solution for themselves?

There's probably a How-To somewhere on this...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk