[Zope] NTUserFolder still useful?

Philip Kilner phil at xfr.co.uk
Mon Oct 17 15:23:43 EDT 2005

Hi Sean,

Sean Dunn wrote:
> I’m running Zope on WindowsXP with plans to run it on server 2003.
> Instead of creating user accounts I’d like to leverage NT
> authentication.. And NTUserFolder looks like it might be what I want,
> except that it looks like a dead product. Besides a note that it works
> on Win2k under certain constraints, I’m not sure if I should try using
> it. Have people had success installing this on WinXP/S2003?

Can't speak for XP/S2K3, but we use it in production under S2K in an
S2K3 environment, and I can vouch for it's usefulness.

When we set our system up, there were some issues with AD LDAP support
that I couldn't overcome - NTUserFolder provides authentication to the
Intranet using Windows credentials, which was all we needed.

There was some issue with crypto on the 2K3 Server, but this was just a
case of some silly default settings (same sort of stuff that would cause
Same /et al/ issues).

Let me know if you need more details...

--

Regards,

PhilK

Email: phil at xfr.co.uk
PGP Public key: http://www.xfr.co.uk
Voicemail & Facsimile: 07092 070518

"You'll find that one part's sweet and one part's tart:
say where the sweetness and the sourness start."
- Tony Harrison