[Zope] fine grained, dynamic permissions based on attribute values

Chris Crownhart chris at shiftzz.com
Tue Oct 18 13:05:53 EDT 2005

Good day,

I am wondering if/how I could control the permissions on an object based
on the value of an attribute.  I am using CMF, and thus portal_catalog,
and have built a custom content type.  My type has a category field.  I
would like to control the view permission of the object dynamically
based on the value of category.

So, as an example, I have multiple users, and multiple values for the
category field.  I would like User A to access the object if the
category ='financial', and User B access the object if the
category='other'.

Thanks for any ideas.

Chris