[Zope] Display images stored in Relational DB

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Wed Oct 19 03:44:05 EDT 2005

Thomas G. Apostolou wrote:
> I have an External Method "GetPrList" witch is connected to a python
> module that reads like this

You really want to be uxing mxODBC and it's Zope DA...

> X.SODATA is jpg stored in SQL 2K in a field degined as	[SODATA] [image]
> NULL

Bleugh... binary data in RBDs suck :-(

> The problem is that i get a "pythonw.exe" Debug-Send Error Report-Don't
> Send window and zope server breaks down. ( yes i use windows Xp Pro,
> Zope 2.7.0, Python 2.3.3)

Sorry, that made no sense.

I suspect you need to have the template above generate a link to another
method which actually returns the image data, sets content disposition,
etc. All pretty yucky stuff...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk