[Zope] Re: Filesystem Page Template lowercase-ifying all my tags

Floyd May fmay at okcareertech.org
Wed Oct 26 09:39:36 EDT 2005

An update -
It appears as though this problem is due to the content-type being set
inappropriately (probably text/html).  I'm attempting to render XML,
but each of the templates only contains a piece of my final output XML
file; therefore, I don't have the '<?xml ... ?>' header in the file.
>From a perusal of the source for FSPageTemplate, this appears to be
the only way to get the Content-Type set to 'text/xml'.  Basically,
I'm constructing a VERY large XML file using a python script that
buffers writes to REQUEST.RESPONSE.  The script calls the page
templates, and then writes the rendered page templates to
REQUEST.RESPONSE through the buffering mechanism.

I have attempted adding .metadata files for each of my templates, with
the following content:
[default]
content_type=text/xml
It didn't work.  I'm still at a loss for how to make this all happen,
I can't have my XML tags get lower-case-ified.  Please help!

 Zope 2.7.7-final, python 2.3.5, freebsd5
 Page Templates 1.4.0
CMF 1.4.8

fm