[Zope] How do I Create a empty file in a ZClass object?

Jonathan Cyr cyrj at cyr.info
Wed Oct 26 15:31:37 EDT 2005

Hey,

As you'll hear shortly, ZClasses & DTML are the old way to do things,
and are not highly recommended, at this point.   Having said that, I've
had success using them.

To Add a ZClass into anything folderish, I've used...

<dtml-call
"RESPONSE.redirect('manage_addProduct/WWAudioClip/WWAudioClip_factory')">

where WWAudioClip was the name of the Product and its ZClass

I place this in a DTML Method that is at the point I wish the ZClass
object to be created, a target if you wish.  Works fine.

This will call the "Add" method in your ZClass.

To Add a regular file object somewhere, I've used..

<dtml-call "this().manage_addFile(File_object_ID, File_object_contents,
File_object_title, content_type='audio/mpeg')">

Parameters Zope ID to be set, Contents (string, whatever), and Zope
Title, and mime-type (optional)

Google "Zope manage_addFile" for more info

HTH,

Jon

Allen Huang wrote:

> I want to create a empty file in a ZClass object when I first created
> the ZClass object. How do I do that using DTML??

> <http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTFqODRtdXQ4BF9TAzMyOTc1MDIEX3MDOTY2ODgxNjkEcG9zAzEEc2VjA21haWwtZm9vdGVyBHNsawNmYw--/SIG=110oav78o/**http%3a//farechase.yahoo.com/>

Jonathan Cyr
cyrj at cyr.info