[Zope] Zope 2.8 or 3.1?

Jens Vagelpohl jens at dataflake.org
Thu Oct 27 08:17:05 EDT 2005

On 27 Oct 2005, at 12:55, Sascha Ottolski wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, 27. Oktober 2005 13:20 schrieb Jens Vagelpohl:
>
>> You just noted one more disadvantage yourself: The system Python is
>> likely to be out of step with what Zope wants. Furthermore, updates
>> to the system Python or to add-on packages might have unintended
>> consequences for your Zope setup.
>>

> well, "might have" is one thing, really experiencing problems is quite
> different...

Look, it's all about how much risk you are willing to carry. I don't
like playing Russian Roulette with services that are supposed to be
highly available. And I don't want to have to waste a single thought
on problems that *might* develop if RedHat or their packagers decide
to do something to their Python or to Python add-ons I use. I also
prefer to do upgrades to these components on my own schedule, not
when someone else who has no idea about my various usage scenarios
thinks so.

jens