[Zope] Permissions and Instances of ZClasses

Dave Case dav3xor at gmail.com
Thu Oct 27 14:13:20 EDT 2005

On 10/27/05, Chris Withers <chris at simplistix.co.uk> wrote:
> Dave Case wrote:
> > I'm trying to build a  product through the  ZMI (like the example in
> > The Zope Book),
>
> For the love of god, please don't ;-)

Look, I know what I'm doing is not cool, but since cool has no
documentation, I'm doing what I can.

> > I have some DTML methods
>
> waaghhh...

Ditto

> > in a ZClass
>
> ow, ow, stop hurting me...

Aha, so I've awakened the local Troll, my apologies to the rest of the
list for setting him off.

> > were I want to be
> > able to do a SecurityCheckPermission() on a permission that I have
> > defined in the containing product.
>
> Why?

Because there are links to management interfaces  I don't want an
unauthenticated user to see.

> > The call to SecurityCheckPermission() looks like this...
> >
> > <dtml-if expr="_.SecurityCheckPermission('Manage Diary',this())">
>
> *schniff*

Granted this is a standard cookbook call to SecurityCheckPermission,
but I thought maybe I was calling it wrong from within the product, so
I thought I would ask.

> Yes, don't do it, at least not like this. Look at building a filesystem
> absed prdocut which is marginally saner...

It was the first thing I tried; but since (once again) I couldn't find
much documentation I tried something else (the example in the Zope
book...).

--
David Case
Dav3xor at gmail.com