[Zope] question about stopping acquisition in VHM sites?

J Cameron Cooper zope-l at jcameroncooper.com
Thu Oct 27 17:44:43 EDT 2005

Gary wrote:

> Hi,
>
> How do I stop acquisition at the root of my website?
> If I have two websites in zope, and I set the virtual host mapping to
> www.sitea.com/websites/SiteA <http://www.sitea.com/websites/SiteA>
> www.siteb.com/websites/SiteB <http://www.siteb.com/websites/SiteB>
>
> I don't want my users to get to SiteB from http://www.sitea.com/SiteB
>
> I am using Zope 2.7

You can create in each site an empty Python script or something named
like the other site(s). This is not the best solution in the world,
since if you have more than a handful of sites, you get a combinatorial
explosion. But, it will work.

Perhaps someone who is bothered by this problem and has time will do
some magic in VHM (or a new type of object) to stop such traversals.

    --jcc

--
"Building Websites with Plone"
http://plonebook.packtpub.com/