[Zope] Re: Zope will not start after failed 2.8.1 upgrade

hpinson at indepthl.com hpinson at indepthl.com
Fri Sep 2 12:56:36 EDT 2005

Well, fortunatly I had last nights backup of the Data.fs.  Restoring
that allowed Zope to be reverted to 2.7.7 and restart.

So here is my question.

Normally I have been able to upgrade Zope, and if the upgrade had
problems, revert to a prior version by simple redirecting the startup
and python to the earlier version. Zope 2.8.1 was different. The
upgrade, at least on the surface, appeared to alter something in the
Data.fs, which prevented reversion to 2.7.7.

I would be very interested in any insights into why this is.  Was I
experience a Zope issue or a Python 2.3.5 issue?  The logs have not
provided me an insight expect that the Mapping module was missing
after the revert, which I don't think was an accurate assessment of
the problem.

--
Harlow Pinson
Indepth Learning