[Zope] Python editor in zope?

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Sep 2 15:20:34 EDT 2005

Sean Dunn wrote at 2005-9-2 09:27 -0500:
>I'm new to Zope, and am getting tired of using textarea's to edit my
>Python/[HD]TML code. My space-bar thumb is starting to get an unnatural
>twitch, from hitting it multiple times at the beginning of every line of
>code. :-)

Your options are almost uncountable :-)

  *  ExternalEditor

  *  use an editor of your choice which is able to edit
     via either FTP or WebDAV (e.g. [X]Emacs, vi, HomeSite,
     DreamWeaver, ColdFusion Studio, ...)

  *  mount your Zope via FTP/WebDAV into your local system
     and use the editor of your choice

  *  let Zope use file system objects (e.g. via "Filesystem Directory View")

--
Dieter