[Zope] Re: Zope scalabilty and problems

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Sep 5 13:57:27 EDT 2005

Florent Guillaume wrote at 2005-9-5 16:49 +0200:
>> It is just that the CMF is unable to fix a year long bug
>
>It's not "CMF"'s fault, it's only the responsibility of Windows developers
>running CMF. I for one couldn't care less.

Really?

   That the CMF makes an hierarchical filesystem scan for
   each access to a filesystem directory view
   should be the responsibility of the Windows developers running CMF?

   There are no bugs: if you meat one, it proves that you
   use the wrong system...

>>       then each access to a "filesystem directory view" triggers
>>       a hierarchical file system scan.
>>
>>       The result is a slowdown by several orders of magnitude.
>
>I believe Tres has now fixed this.

It was not yet fixed when I made an svn checkout of the CMF 1.5 branch
about 2 weeks ago.

--
Dieter