[Zope] Same product in multiple instances automatically?

Kirk Strauser kirk at daycos.com
Fri Sep 9 11:13:52 EDT 2005

I'm running multiple instances of Zope 2.7.7 on a FreeBSD server.  Each of
those instances uses the same products, which I handle by making symlinks
from the site's Products directory to that instance's Products directory:

[1]  /usr/local/www/Zope/Products/ZPsycopgDA
[2]  /usr/local/www/Zope/Products/exUserFolder

     /usr/local/www/Zope/instance1/Products/ZPsycopgDA -> [1]
     /usr/local/www/Zope/instance1/Products/exUserFolder -> [2]

     /usr/local/www/Zope/instance2/Products/ZPsycopgDA -> [1]
     /usr/local/www/Zope/instance2/Products/exUserFolder -> [2]

To be honest, I'd expect something a little different, namely that each
instance would automatically pull in all the products in the site
installation (like [1] and [2] above), but that doesn't seem to be the
case.  Is that a configuration issue, by design, or by accident?

It's not that I mind making a symlink here or there, but it's one more thing
to remember when making a new instance and just "feels wrong".
--
Kirk Strauser
The Day Companies