[Zope] Zope 2.8.1 won't "make"

Sophia Grimm sophiagrimm at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 9 14:59:08 EDT 2005

Just downloaded Zope 2.8.1 and I'm trying to install
it on MOSX 10.4, which has XCode 2.1 installed.

I'm following installation instructions on this page:
http://www.plope.com/Books/2_7Edition/InstallingZope.stx#2-6

./configure runs, but when I try to make, I get this
error:

makefile:54: *** target pattern contains no `%'.
Stop.

This happens regardless of the python or prefix I use
as arguments when I configure. I've used Python 2.3.5
which comes with MOXS 10.4, and I've used Python 2.3.5
as installed by Fink.

I don't understand what this error means. Any ideas,
anyone? Thanks in advance.

SG