[Zope] Same product in multiple instances automatically?

Kirk Strauser kirk at daycos.com
Fri Sep 9 17:07:05 EDT 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 15:59, J Cameron Cooper wrote:

> Thus was created the instance/software distinction. Everything needed to
> run Zope goes into the SOFTWARE_HOME; everything that defines a specific
> distinct instance goes into INSTANCE_HOME (3rd party Products, Data.fs,
> config files, logs, etc).

...and on FreeBSD, everything you install through the ports system gets put
in a second directory inside SOFTWARE_HOME, distinct from the ones in
INSTANCE_HOME, and is not included in running instances by default
(regardless of what the 00readme-freebsd.txt in that directory says).

In other words, it seems to be a FreeBSD bug rather than a Zope bug, and I'm
off to file a problem report so that it'll hopefully get fixed.  Thanks for
the information that led to uncovering this little surprise.
--
Kirk Strauser
The Day Companies