[Zope] Strange warning after removing products

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Sat Sep 10 13:22:18 EDT 2005

Martin Koekenberg wrote at 2005-9-10 17:20 +0200:
>A while ago I used the products 'Superlogger' and 'Quicklinks.'
>I Also removed 'PlacelessTranslationService'.
>All the products were available in the control_panel.
>
>But I still get the following warnings ?
>
>2005-09-10 16:49:05 WARNING ZODB Could not import class
>'PlacelessTranslationService' from module
>'Products.PlacelessTranslationService.PlacelessTranslationService'
>2005-09-10 16:49:05 WARNING ZODB Could not import class 'SuperLogger'
>from module 'Products.SuperLogger.SuperLogger'
>2005-09-10 16:49:05 WARNING ZODB Could not import class 'QuickLinks'
>from module 'Products.QuickLinks.QuickLinks'

As you observed, the products installed objects in "Control_Panel".
Removing the products cannot remove these objects automatically.
When the "Control_Panel" is accessed, these object can not be loaded
(because their classes are not longer importable). This gives
you the warnings above.

You can manually remove the objects in an interactive Python interpreter.
Under *nix, you enter such an interpreter with "bin/zopectl debug".
The deletion looks then like:

    app.Control_Panel.manage_delObjects(['id1', 'id2', ...])
    get_transaction().commit()

--
Dieter