[Zope] Re: Zope iso-8859-1 to utf-8

Max M maxm at mxm.dk
Tue Sep 13 08:51:01 EDT 2005

Pascal Peregrina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been running a Zope installation for 2 years, so there are now lots
> of objects, properties, etc...
>
> I would like to know what are the possible issues I may have to face if I
> change the default encoding for iso-8859-1 to utf-8 in ZMI.

You must write a script that converts any property on any object in your
site that is latin-1 to utf-8.

So first find all objects you use. See what types they are.

Find all text and string attributes on those opjects.

Write a function that converts from latin to utf and run that on every
object.

The hard part will be finding all the attributes, but perhaps you can
write a method that can help find those properties for you using
introspection.

--

hilsen/regards Max M, Denmark

http://www.mxm.dk/