[Zope] How to create an ansynchronous method

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Tue Sep 13 14:52:31 EDT 2005

Hi. I have a workflow that is triggered by a file upload and the
processing of the file can be minutes of processing depending upon the
size of the file uploaded.  I am concerned about number of threads
available to serve zope so I believe this is a good candidate for an
asynchronous process.  I am looking for some type of outline to do
this.  Currently a tool does the work that is triggered by workflow
script.  My hope is to have this process run and send the user an email
to advise when the process has completed instead of the user waiting
for a response or potentially timing out waiting for one. What steps
could I take to make this an ansynchronous process? Also wanted to
confirm whether an asynchronous process would free the thread and how
one can determine whether a thread has been released. Many thanks.

Regards,
David