[Zope] FCGIServer broken pipe on Zope 2.8.1?

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Fri Sep 16 05:05:51 EDT 2005

--On 16. September 2005 09:59:00 +0100 Petri Savolainen <petrias at gmail.com>
wrote:

> If you really mean FCGI, what should be used instead? I understood
> that at least in the past, there was a per-request tcp/ip
> setup/teardown tax coming with apache mod_proxy which made something
> like FCGI a better alternative? Is this no longer the case, due to
> apache improvements perhaps, or is there something else?

The recommended and most often used approach is: Zope + reverse proxy
(Squid or Apache). The FCGI code has not been touch for ages, nobody cares
about the FCGI code, serious people don't use FCGI with Zope...so you
should follow the straight forward approach and use a reverse proxy (which
is
documented in a bunch of documentation).

-aj