[Zope] how to programmatically control zope?

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Fri Sep 16 13:36:24 EDT 2005

Hi. This discussion has really helped me with my question about running
asynchronous methods also since these kinds of requests could be
cronned at the very least.  But what about triggering this kind of
script from the running zope instance.  Is this possible?

What I am hoping to accomplish is when a user uploads a file it
triggers the long-running script - the one I want to inject into ZEO
(and gives the user immediate feedback) so they are not waiting for the
process to complete.  At the end of the long running process, I want to
send them an email advising that the process was successful.

I am just setting up ZEO for first time today.  I am anxious to give
something like this a try. Many thanks.

Regards,
David