[Zope] Re: Text field and module import questions

Martijn Pieters mj at zopatista.com
Mon Sep 19 06:05:19 EDT 2005

Ivan Stout wrote:
> It appears that the text input field I have created using a dtml method
> has a default space character when you click in the field. Is there a
> way to get rid of this?

Depends on the HTML used; this is really a HTML question more than a DTML
question.

If this is a textarea, make sure there are no spaces between the opening
and closing tags:

  <textarea ..attrs..></textarea>

or, if you fill the textarea from with a dtml attribute, eliminate the
spaces there too:

  <textarea ..attrs..>&dtml-variablename;</textarea>

If you need multiple lines to avoid excessive wrapping or scrolling, put
the angle brackets on a new line to eliminate whitespace (newlines are
whitespace too!):

  <textarea ..attrs..
   ><dtml-var expression_or_variable ..attrs..
   ></textarea>

If you used an input tag, the same applies, but now to whitespace between
the quotes of the value attribute.

Martijn Pieters