[Zope] Multiple ZODB for virtual hosts with ZEO

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Sep 23 13:03:51 EDT 2005

David Pratt wrote at 2005-9-22 17:50 -0300:
>I am interested in what you might recommend when you are dealing with a
>number of virtual sites of the smaller zodb scale since this is really
>the issue I am attempting to solve.  I definitely like the features ZEO
>has to offer as far as asynchronous maintenance, etc.

I have no experience with this.

My experience is with huge ZODB storages -- containing everything, even
large binary objects. It copes quite well.

How to proceed with lots of small virtual sites heavily depends
on your ressources. If I had plenty of resources, I would
each give its own Zope instance -- to make then as independent
from one another as possible. If my resource were very tight,
I would use a single Zope instance and a single storage
to spare resources as much as possible.

--
Dieter