[Zope] How to create an ansynchronous method

David Pratt fairwinds at eastlink.ca
Fri Sep 23 23:33:11 EDT 2005

Hi Chris. I downloaded ZASync and did a bit of reading and comparing
between your Stepper product as well. ZASync at present relies on an
older version of Twisted which is now I think into the 2 series so
maybe later the products will come together this way. I think Stepper
is really interesting.I think it would be a really good thing to see
fire and forget with a process you create as a series of steps that can
also be queued in one or more queues.

I also think there is some interesting possibility for something like a
Zope instance Stepper where you could trigger a generic daemon to run a
thread to process asynchronous tasks (steps) without a ZEO requirement.
The asynchronous jobs could be queued for long running tasks outside of
zope or timed to inject the step requests into zope for the maintenance
of a zope instance (in the same vein as ClockServer) but in a single
product.

Regards,
David