[Zope] SQL query in ZSQLMethod

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Sun Sep 25 04:24:17 EDT 2005

Plus, celtek, when you use DTML in ZSQL methods use this:
<dtml-sqlvar value1 type="string"> to automatically quote strings.
Otherwise you'd have to do this:
'<dtml-var "value.replace('\'','\'\'\'')">'
which might not work anyway.

2005/9/25, David H <bluepaul at earthlink.net>:
>  How do you want to change this notation? What is it you want to do?  Please
> spend as much time writing a question as someone may in answering it!
>
>  You do not want logic in your zsql methods.
>  I tend to use python scripts for branching logic, eg
>
>  # python script
>  request = context.REQUEST
>  if request.get('value1') == someValue:
>     do the add zsql
>  else:
>    do the edit zsql.
>

>  celtek at wp.pl wrote:
>
> Hi,
> In ZSQLMethod I would have SQL query similar to this logic:
>
> IF
> value1=<dtml-var value1> and value2=<dtml-var value2>
> THEN
> update table set(
> name='<dtml-var name>'
> )where value1=<dtml-var value1> and value2=<dtml-var value2>
> ELSE
> insert into table values(
> Id,
>
> name='<dtml-var name>',
> value1=<dtml-var value1>,
> value2=<dtml-var value2>
> )
> I can't figure out how to change this notation.
>
> Many greetings and thanks for every answer!

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com
home www.peterbe.com
hobby www.issuetrackerproduct.com