[Zope] Aquisition, UserFolder and security

Julien Anguenot ja at nuxeo.com
Tue Sep 27 11:55:26 EDT 2005

bruno modulix wrote:
> Julien Anguenot wrote:

>>CPS is an open process so contributions such as documentation, patches,
>>codes, ideas etc... is always warmly welcome.
>

> I don't doubt it, but you'll agree that to document something, one has
> first to know how it works !-)
>
> Don't take me wrong, I'm not complaining about the lack of documentation
> - I know what is takes to document a project, and the fast changes
> surely don't help here. It's just a fact that CPS documentation is
> sparse and usually somewhat out-of-date, so it's "use the code, Luke".
>
> Actually, my very modest contributions are restricted to a couple of
> tickets and work-around in Trac. More may come if and when I'll find
> time for it.

>>I understand.

> (snip)

>>Argh..., it really would have been a job for CPSUserFolder...
>

> Yes, I know. And I would be sorry to conclude that I misunderstood what
> it took to make it work and gave up when I was almost done :-/
>
> But I still have to find a way to handle the current situation... As I
> said at first, my guesses are either hacking the _isTop() method of
> LDAPUserGroupsFolder or finding some good hints/doc on using traversal
> hooks. If you can be of any help here, please be sure you'll gain "ma
> reconnaissance éternelle"...

As I said you should move the discussion on cps-users (and even
cps-users-fr since you're French speaking) and expose your use case in
details so that we can help you. zope at zope.org is not the most accurate
place for this I guess.

Cheers,

	J.

- --
Julien Anguenot | Nuxeo R&D (Paris, France)
CPS Platform : http://www.cps-project.org
Zope3 / ECM   : http://www.z3lab.org
mail: anguenot at nuxeo.com; tel: +33 (0) 6 72 57 57 66