[Zope] date problem

Peter Bengtsson peter at fry-it.com
Tue Sep 27 17:24:05 EDT 2005

No doubt a Zope 2.8.0 bug because it should't happen.
What does your "datetime-format" say in etc/zope.conf?

"2005/12/02" is an ISO format I think. Exactly how are you creating
the DateTime object? Have you tried creating it from this string:
"2005-12-02"?

2005/9/27, tyson <twenger at vltool.com>:
> Hi-
>    I upgraded from (Zope 2.7.3-0, python 2.3.4, linux2) to (Zope
> 2.8.0-final, python 2.4.1, linux2).  If I use the fmt="%m/%d....", then
> the date is incorrect.   If I don't use the fmt, then my date is
> logically correct, just not formatted the way I want it.  For some
> reason when I use the "fmt" with the zope variable, it changes my date
> to exactly one day earlier.  For example:
>
> SomeDate = "2005/12/02"
>
> If I write this code:
>        <dtml-var SomeDate fmt="%m/%d/%Y">
> Then I get:
>        "12/01/2005"
>
> If I write this code:
>       <dtml-var SomeDate>
> Then I get:
>       "2005/12/02"
>
> Does anybody have an idea what this could be from?  I'm guessing its a
> python2.4 conflict, but not really sure.
> Any help would be much appreciated!

Peter Bengtsson,
work www.fry-it.com
home www.peterbe.com