[Zope] Rotating Zope Log Files on Windows

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Mon Apr 3 03:48:14 EDT 2006

kjzz.webmaster at riomail.maricopa.edu wrote:
> I am using Zope 2.5.0 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86), and the
> python 2.1.3 distribution of from python.org as a service on a Windows 2000
> server.

Any chance you could come out of the stone age?
Seriously, you're now 4 major point releases behind what's considered
current...

> I am thinking of using windows scheduler to run this every night at
> midnight.  But I wonder if anyone else worked on a similar solution and
> could pass along any advice.

I know Mark Hammond did some work on signal handling for Zope 2.9. There
might be something useful there.

Failing that, logrotated in cygwin should do you fine. Remember to use
copytruncate so you don't have to worry about re-openning log files...

cheers,

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk