[Zope] + in url /zope object name

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Thu Apr 6 13:58:48 EDT 2006

Brian Sullivan wrote at 2006-4-5 14:12 -0400:
>> However, Zope3 allows you to configure the rules.
>> Thus, you can allow names starting with '+'.
>>

>Starting with a "+"? What about containing a "+"?

In Zope3, you decide about the naming rules.

>What about Zope 2?

In Zope2, only a few special characters are allowed.

>The reason this is an issue for me is that I have a whole bunch of
>content that has directories using "+" in the name that I would like
>to upload.

You can easily extend the regular expression checking for bad ids.

I even removed almost all restrictions in our local Zope version
(only "/" and ";" is still forbidden). That was a bit more work,
as proper escaping is necessary.

--
Dieter